Congratulations on choosing Neurology as your career path, and thank you for your interest in the Harvard BWH-MGH residency program! We are deeply committed to training expert clinicians, neuroscientists, clinical investigators, and medical educators who will go on to be future leaders in the field of Neurology.
From left to right: Dr. Michael Bowley, Dr. Merit Cudkowicz, Dr. Martin Samuels, Dr. Tracey Milligan, Silviya Eaton, and Dr. Sashank Prasad
Our residency program benefits from the combined resources of two premier teaching hospitals, Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women's Hospital, and the outstanding teaching faculty of Harvard Medical School.
Our partnership allows us to offer:
- Unparalleled, immersive clinical experiences that span the full breadth of neurological disease with in-depth exposure to all subspecialties of neurology
- Innumerable opportunities to advance the understanding and treatment of neurologic disease through collaboration with faculty pursuing neuroscience research at MGH, BWH, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and other major local neuroscience centers
- Focused training in the art of being a clinician-educator, helping residents perfect teaching skills at the bedside, conference table, and lecture hall
- Resident-driven innovations in care delivery, clinical effectiveness, and patient safety
- Unwavering dedication to our mission of equality, with extensive institutional resources and structured mentorship to address diversity in medicine and disparities in healthcare
- Strong commitment to physician health and well-being
We accept 19 adult neurology residents per class and currently have 54 residents in the program. The size of our residency is one of our greatest strengths, creating a vibrant, intellectually stimulating, and flexible environment that fosters the success of a diverse group of talented residents.
We greatly appreciate your interest in our program and invite you to explore our website to learn more about who we are.